In this role you will partner with account reps to be the technical advisor on the sales team, work very closely with the product management, marketing and engineering teams and serve as a vital product advocate in front of prospects, customers, and the wider Data Streaming communities.
You will be a trusted advisor to InfinyOn prospects and customers as they undertake technical demos, design and development of their end-to-end solution, be conversant with the current state and future roadmap of Fluvio in open source and be able to identify known issues and inform them of upcoming fixes or workarounds. You’ll also be responsible for clear articulation of InfinyOn’s technical and product positioning to a wide variety of business and technical stakeholders, and for forging strong relationships with them throughout the sales cycle.
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with distributed systems, infrastructure software like databases, message queues, data-focused SaaS, or Big Data products.
- Confidence presenting to customers - a highly skilled, technical and business audience.
- Clear, consistent demonstration of self-starter behavior and a desire to learn new things and tackle hard technical problems.
- Proficiency in Rust or Python.
- Experience building or running cloud applications.
What Gives You An Advantage
- Previous sales engineering work experience
- Previous experience building solutions with Apache Kafka or Apache Pulsar
- Work experience with data integration or application architecture
- Understanding of systems operations concepts (disk, network, operating systems, etc)
- Experience building and operating distributed systems
- Comfortable with presenting technical information to a technical audience
- Self-directed and able to quickly and efficiently switch focus among multiple tasks
- Technical certifications - CS degree or cloud developer/architect/administrator
InfinyOn, a real-time data streaming company, has architected a programmable platform for data in motion built on Rust and enables continuous intelligence for connected apps. SmartModules enable enterprises to intelligently program their data pipelines as they flow between producers and consumers for real-time services. With InfinyOn Cloud, enterprises can quickly correlate events, apply business intelligence, and derive value from their data. To learn more, please visit infinyon.com.